How Networking Gets Results | Build Connection | Human Chain
In this article, I have tried to explain “How Networking gets Result?” or “How people influence your life journey personally and professionally?”
To start with, I would like to put light on the benefits of Networking: -
Although, your success starts with you but grows exponentially to higher level as you start building network. To be precise, you can’t succeed on a grand scale without network.
Personal benefits of Networking: -
- Helps you to become acquainted with people of varying background, they may be used when you are in need.
- Provide valuable information and resources.
- Enhance your social relationship by connecting from a person to another, thus creating a chain.
Professional benefits of Networking:-
- Generates new clients and leads.
- Abet in solving problems.
- Increase employment opportunities.
- Helps in finding the right persons to fill critical positions.
In this part of the article, we will discuss the action plan to build and sustain network.
I have divided this action plan in 4 separates, but related, categories:
- Attitude and Action:
- Project winning attitude- If you’re positive and enthusiastic, people will spend time with you on the other hand, if you’re gloomy and negative, people will avoid you.
- Participate actively in groups and organization- Always show up for meeting and demonstrate that you spend time and make efforts to contribute to the group.
- Serve others- Serving others is crucial to building and benefitting from your network.
- If you refer someone, make sure that the person mentions your name as the source of the referral.
- Be selective. Don’t refer every other person you meet.
- Call people for whom you care from time to time.
- Treat every person as important- not just ones who are “influential”.
- Be willing to help people beyond your comfort zone.
- Send a prompt note after meeting someone for the first time.
- Sending congratulatory cards and letters.
Implement the above strategies to work serve and improve your network. And you will truly have an army of troops working to help you succeed!